This is a space to learn about journeying and how to connect with yourself and your own spiritual guidance. We also welcome more experienced journeyers that wish to deepen their practice and find a small community to connect with.
Events are free, but donations are greatly appreciated and help keep events like this running :)
The journey groups have a suggested "Journey Topic" that we discuss before journeying. The group itself is a-la-carte and no previous experience is needed. It is not necessary to come to all of the groups in order to understand the concepts we talk about, all of these individual groupings can be done as stand alone topics. Distance option is available, send a message ahead of time to ensure a spot. Since we are starting at a new venue, we will see where everyone's experience levels are at and discuss the current underlying themes of our time. We will begin a curriculum beginning in February.
6:00 – Arrival and settling in. It’s good practice to “fully arrive” and make sure you’re in your body and here for the experience
6:15 – Suggested journey topic and Discussion
6:30 – Heart centered sound circle
6:45 – Journey (I will be drumming live, so no recordings)
6:55 – Writing/recording our experiences of journey
7:00 – Discussion of our journey and what it meant to us
Helpful things to bring:
-(optional) drum or rattle to sing/dance with
-an item for the community altar (generally something that is important to you. They could represent a power animal or an ancestor)
-a blanket to either lay or sit on
Use of workshop space agreement at Sticks and Stones:
1. Feel free to arrange and decorate the space before your event, and make sure before you go to leave it as you found it.
2. Hot water and tea are provided by the store and you are welcome to help yourselves. We accept donations in the form of money, tea, paper products (tissues, paper towels, toilet paper) dish soap, etc, to help pay for this free service.
3. You are welcome to bring snacks and drinks to your event (no alcohol.) It is suggested that you bring any utensils and plates if needed, however we might have some available from previous donations if you forget.
4. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times, in all areas of the store. Anyone under 18 must have a parent or guardian present to take any of the workshops/classes.
5. Sticks and Stones respects each and everyone’s spiritual path; we do not discriminate based on race, religion, sexuality, political views, etc. Please be kind and respectful with your discussions, as we have many people from all faiths entering our store during business hours.