Time: September 20, 2020 from 2pm to 4pm
Location: Sticks and Stones
Street: 11037 Lee Highway
Website or Map: https://www.meetup.com/NoVaPr…
Event Type: tarot, meetup
Organized By: Darjeeling
Latest Activity: Jul 31, 2020
Due to the rapidly evolving guidance from health officials regarding the coronavirus, I am waiting until the Wednesday before each scheduled meeting to figure out whether the meeting should occur in person at the store or online via a Zoom meeting. I will edit the event accordingly on that Wednesday. If a digital meeting is called for, I will also let you know when the meeting link is expected to go live on this page.
This month, we're going to workshop problem cards! Is there a particular card that you always seem to have trouble with when it shows up in a reading? Maybe it just doesn't speak to you, or maybe the symbols just don't resonate well with you. Bring your card to the workshop and we'll all work together to see if we can help each other learn more about the cards that we all struggle with. (And don't worry if you don't have a physical deck; even knowing the name of the card is enough to get the brainstorming started!)
We are a group of tarot practitioners and enthusiasts who are looking to practice and expand our tarot skills through both collaborative discussion and hands-on practice. Everyone is welcome regardless of skill level, even if you've never picked up a deck in your life!
Each month we'll have a topic to discuss together, and when that discussion wraps up the session is opened up to any questions people might have about tarot. We also often break up into smaller groups to practice giving readings to each other. (The giving and receiving of readings are both completely voluntary, so please don't feel pressured!)
Having a tarot deck is not required. (If you're looking for recommendations for a first deck, we'll be more than happy to help!) Some have found it helpful to bring pen and paper for notes as well.
Topic TBA - There will also be time at the end of the meetup to answer any tarot questions you may have run into over the last month, whether about cards, spreads, readings, or something else.
If you are new to the group or to tarot, come get some hands-on experience, and if you've been reading tarot for years, come help out your brothers and sisters. This is a completely informal meetup and people with all levels of experience are welcome to attend.
No fee, however snacks, donations for the tea fund, and gifts of practical items for the shop (toilet paper, paper towels, etc) are always welcome.
Use of workshop space agreement at Sticks and Stones:
1. Feel free to arrange and decorate the space before your event, and make sure before you go to leave it as you found it.
2. Hot water and tea are provided by the store and you are welcome to help yourselves. We accept donations in the form of money, tea, paper products (tissues, paper towels, toilet paper) dish soap, etc, to help pay for this free service.
3. You are welcome to bring snacks and drinks to your event (no alcohol.) It is suggested that you bring any utensils and plates if needed, however we might have some available from previous donations if you forget.
4. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times, in all areas of the store. Anyone under 18 must have a parent or guardian present to take any of the workshops/classes.
5. Sticks and Stones respects each and everyone’s spiritual path; we do not discriminate based on race, religion, sexuality, political views, etc. Please be kind and respectful with your discussions, as we have many people from all faiths entering our store during business hours.