Time: October 28, 2017 from 6:45pm to 9pm
Location: Sticks and Stones
Street: 11037 Lee Highway
City/Town: Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Website or Map: http://www.meetup.com/Orderof…
Event Type: meetup
Organized By: GrannyMoon
Latest Activity: Oct 25
OPEN TO ALL :)
October turns to November, thousands of Witches, Wiccans, Druids, and other Pagans across America, Canada, Europe, and elsewhere observe the sacred time of Samhain. Samhain is a festival of the Dead. Meaning "Summer's End" and pronounced saah-win or saa-ween, Samhain is a celebration of the end of the harvest and the start of the coldest half of the year. For many practitioners, myself included, Samhain also is the beginning of the spiritual new year.
Seasonal Imagery to help decorate. Bring Samhain seasonal symbols and the colors of orange and black. Pumpkins, apples, ghosts, monsters, vampires, leaves, etc.
Feast of the Dead. (Dumb Supper) - Bring a favorite food. A favorite of your beloved dead, if you can.
Ancestors Altar. Bring photographs, heirlooms, and other mementos of deceased family, friends, and companion creatures.
Reflections Ritual. This is a time to reflect on you and your life over the past year.
Singing and Dancing.
Spooky Arts and Crafts
Wear a mask and your finest witcheries, and Halloween Candy, of course!
The Order of the Black Hat is an international eclectic order of witches celebrating the wheel of the year. All members are eligible to participate in face to face meetings. Female members will be able to join us in week-end gatherings and retreats.
We take our spiritual path very seriously, yet strive not to take our egos too seriously. We consider that each of us has a responsibility to grow in the wisdom, love and power of the God/dess, and continually learn, heal, and become stronger. We also have a responsibility to share our skills and insights with others, and to serve within our community and beyond it.
Your path does not matter....if you are a witch and you've been known to wear a "black hat" you are welcome to join us!
Use of workshop space agreement at Sticks and Stones:
1. Feel free to arrange and decorate the space before your event, and make sure before you go to leave it as you found it.
2. Hot water and tea are provided by the store and you are welcome to help yourselves. We accept donations in the form of money, tea, paper products (tissues, paper towels, toilet paper) dish soap, etc, to help pay for this free service.
3. You are welcome to bring snacks and drinks to your event (no alcohol.) It is suggested that you bring any utensils and plates if needed, however we might have some available from previous donations if you forget.
4. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times, in all areas of the store. Anyone under 18 must have a parent or guardian present to take any of the workshops/classes.
5. Sticks and Stones respects each and everyone’s spiritual path; we do not discriminate based on race, religion, sexuality, political views, etc. Please be kind and respectful with your discussions, as we have many people from all faiths entering our store during business hours.